Former WWE play by play announcer Mauro Ranallo is set to joining the announce team for the upcoming Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor super fight.
The Sporting NEws posted a breakdown of the announce team, you can check the break down below and their full story at this link.
– Brian Custer, host. The veteran TV host and play-by-play announcer joined Showtime in 2014. The prostate cancer survivor also works with ex-NFL quarterback Donovan McNabb on ESPN Radio’s “McNabb & Custer Show.”
– Mauro Ranallo, play-by-play. Ranallo has been the lead play-by-play announcer for Showtime’s Championship Boxing since 2012. He’s a versatile pro who has called every combat sport on TV: boxing, MMA, kickboxing and professional wrestling.
– Al Bernstein, color analyst. Bernstein is one of Showtime’s biggest names. He has been familiar to TV viewers since boxing’s glory days in the 1980s. He was inducted into World Boxing Hall of Fame in 2009.
– Paul Maglianaggi, color analyst. Maglianaggi is two-time boxing champion who went into TV after retiring in 2007 at age 36.
– Jim Gray, ringside reporter. Gray is an Emmy Award-winning journalist, but he’s most famous for his combative interview with Pete Rose and hosting ESPN’s disastrous LeBron James special, “The Decision,” in 2010.
– Steve Farhood, unofficial scorer. Farhood is a recent inductee into the Boxing Hall of Fame.